Saturday, December 26, 2009

I'm a Wanderer

For the last few weeks I have been going and going and going and the adventure is not over yet!
I started my little adventure in Indianapolis, Indiana the first week of December. I was there attending the Major and Minor League Baseball Winter Meetings trying to get a job (keep reading for more information on that). My dad went along for the ride and we had a really good time. My dad went to the Colts vs Titans game and he is the newest Colts fan! Later in the week we went over to Lucas Oil Stadium so I could check it out and we ended up getting to go on the field and it was really cool.














Then I think the same day we ended up going to P.F. Chang's for dinner and we sit down and start to eat and I look over and the table next to us is full of Portland Trailblazer basketball players! They were in town playing the Pacers the next day. I tried to play it cool and get a picture but this is the best one I could get. I didn't want to look like a stalker.
So Indianapolis was awesome but getting home was not so awesome. We had to fly to Chicago and change plans, but the weather was really bad so we flew around Chi town for about an hour and a half, then our plane was running out of gas so we had to go to Louisville Kentucky to get some gas. So we spent about 3 hours on the tarmac in Louisville then ended up going back over to Chicago and see if we could fly in. We ended up being about to land but by the time we got there our plane to SLC had already left leaving us stranded in Chicago for the night. We finally made it home, only a day and a half late. Not bad.

The next adventure came this last weekend when My dad, mom and myself went to Albuquerque, New Mexico to watch THE Wyoming Cowboys beat the crap out of Fresno State in the New Mexico Bowl. Funnest and most excitingest game I have ever been to. Of course the Pokes had to give us a heart attack like they usually do but it all turned out for the best when our defense held to #1 running back in the country 4 times in a row on the 1 yard line in overtime. The best goal line stand in history if I do say so myself.













I am in that crowd somewhere going crazy! And the cowboys will always be #1 in my heart.

And as my good friend Dave Walsh would say, "The score, OH THE SCORE"

My next adventure is coming up this week as I move to Richmond, Virginia. I was told that Virginia is for lovers, and heard that they were in need of one more so I decided to head that way. I also got a job doing Marketing/Promotions for the Richmond Flying Squirrels (yes that is the name) minor league baseball team. I am very excited about my new adventure and will post more when I get there and as I get into my job. I am excited to see how I do in a new environment were I know nobody, or where anything is. I think I will do quite well, but only time will tell. If any of you are ever in the Richmond/DC area COME VISIT.

3 comments:

Jayme said...

shell... i am so very proud of you! so very jealous that you got to go to the bowl game and gonna miss you so very much! Good luck in VA i will def be out sometime for a little visit. im starting to save my dolares now! love you so much!

Unknown said...

congratulations on the new job! That is so exciting to be going somewhere brand new. And Virginia is GORGEOUS... You will love it! We might be following you out east in a couple of month with Matt's school!

Megan said...

Im coming to visit!